9.08.2009

What if... the words that drive us and keep us trapped

I recently turned 26, and with every birthday, it is my new year. This is the year not to wonder "what if." I can only do what I will do and not do what I choose not to, and in no way will I allow "what if" to enter into my mind. I deleted it, and it feels kind of amazing to live without it. I feel more free, excited about the future, and happy. I don't care about the other possibilities, only what I do now.

I say, try it. Try to delete "what if" from your life. Are you still driven? Are you still trapped? Are you you anymore, or are you someone new? I am the same person as I was before, just more confident in my decisions-- still going to school, still doing homework, still unmotivated to clean, but there is no nagging in the back of my mind that leads to "would, should, and could."

No comments: